blog & release
We are happy to present the new 2.37.0 release of Beam. This release includes both improvements and new functionality. See the download page for this release.
For more information on changes in 2.37.0 check out the detailed release notes.
- Java 17 support for Dataflow (BEAM-12240).
- Python 3.9 support in Apache Beam (BEAM-12000).
- Dataflow support for Python 3.9 is expected to be available with 2.37.0, but may not be fully available yet when the release is announced (BEAM-13864).
- Users of Dataflow Runner V2 can run Python 3.9 pipelines with 2.37.0 release right away.
- Go SDK now has wrappers for the following Cross Language Transforms from Java, along with automatic expansion service startup for each.
New Features / Improvements
- DataFrame API now supports pandas 1.4.x (BEAM-13605).
- Go SDK DoFns can now observe trigger panes directly (BEAM-13757).
- See a full list of open issues that affect this version.
List of Contributors
According to git shortlog, the following people contributed to the 2.37.0 release. Thank you to all contributors!
Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy Alexander Alexander Chermenin Alexandr Zhuravlev Alexey Romanenko Anand Inguva andoni-guzman andreukus Andy Ye Artur Khanin Aydar Farrakhov Aydar Zainutdinov AydarZaynutdinov Benjamin Gonzalez Brian Hulette Chamikara Jayalath Daniel Oliveira Danny McCormick daria-malkova daria.malkova darshan-sj David Huntsperger dprieto91 emily Etienne Chauchot Fernando Morales Heejong Lee Ismaël Mejía Jack McCluskey Jan Lukavský johnjcasey Kamil Breguła kellen Kenneth Knowles kileys Kyle Weaver Luke Cwik Marcin Kuthan Marco Robles Matt Rudary Miguel Hernandez Milena Bukal Moritz Mack Mostafa Aghajani Ning Kang Pablo Estrada Pavel Avilov Reuven Lax Ritesh Ghorse Robert Bradshaw Robert Burke Sam Whittle Sandy Chapman Sergey Kalinin Thiago Nunes thorbjorn444 Tim Robertson Tomo Suzuki Valentyn Tymofieiev Victor Victor Chen Vitaly Ivanov Yichi Zhang