blog & release
Apache Beam 2.40.0Pablo Estrada [@polecitoem]
We are happy to present the new 2.40.0 release of Beam. This release includes both improvements and new functionality. See the download page for this release.
For more information on changes in 2.40.0 check out the detailed release notes.
- Added RunInference API, a framework agnostic transform for inference. With this release, PyTorch and Scikit-learn are supported by the transform. See also example at apache_beam/examples/inference/pytorch_image_classification.py
- Upgraded to Hive 3.1.3 for HCatalogIO. Users can still provide their own version of Hive. (Java) (Issue-19554).
New Features / Improvements
- Go SDK users can now use generic registration functions to optimize their DoFn execution. (BEAM-14347)
- Go SDK users may now write self-checkpointing Splittable DoFns to read from streaming sources. (BEAM-11104)
- Go SDK textio Reads have been moved to Splittable DoFns exclusively. (BEAM-14489)
- Pipeline drain support added for Go SDK has now been tested. (BEAM-11106)
- Go SDK users can now see heap usage, sideinput cache stats, and active process bundle stats in Worker Status. (BEAM-13829)
- The serialization (pickling) library for Python is dill==0.3.1.1 (BEAM-11167)
- The Go Sdk now requires a minimum version of 1.18 in order to support generics (BEAM-14347).
- synthetic.SourceConfig field types have changed to int64 from int for better compatibility with Flink’s use of Logical types in Schemas (Go) (BEAM-14173)
- Default coder updated to compress sources used with
- Fixed Java expansion service to allow specific files to stage (BEAM-14160).
- Fixed Elasticsearch connection when using both ssl and username/password (Java) (BEAM-14000)
AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute '__func__'when constructed with some built-ins, like
BigQueryIO.Writecan have an exception where it attempts to output a timestamp beyond the max timestamp range
Cannot output with timestamp 294247-01-10T04:00:54.776Z. Output timestamps must be no earlier than the timestamp of the current input or timer (294247-01-10T04:00:54.776Z) minus the allowed skew (0 milliseconds) and no later than 294247-01-10T04:00:54.775Z. See the DoFn#getAllowedTimestampSkew() Javadoc for details on changing the allowed skew.This happens when a sink is idle, causing the idle timeout to trigger, or when a specific table is idle long enough when using dynamic destinations. When this happens, the job is no longer able to be drained. This has been fixed for the 2.41 release.
List of Contributors
According to git shortlog, the following people contributed to the 2.40.0 release. Thank you to all contributors!
Ahmed Abualsaud Ahmet Altay Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy Alejandro Rodriguez-Morantes Alexander Zhuravlev Alexey Romanenko Anand Inguva andoni-guzman Andy Ye Balázs Németh Benjamin Gonzalez Brian Hulette bulat safiullin bullet03 Chamikara Jayalath Damon Douglas Daniel Oliveira Danny McCormick Darkhan Nausharipov David Huntsperger Diego Gomez dpcollins-google Ekaterina Tatanova Elias Segundo Etienne Chauchot Evan Galpin fbeevikm Fernando Morales Heejong Lee Igor Krasavin Ilion Beyst Israel Herraiz Jack McCluskey Jan Kuehle Jan Lukavský johnjcasey Jonathan Lui jrmccluskey Julien Tournay Kenneth Knowles Kerry Donny-Clark Kevin Puthusseri Kiley Sok Kyle Weaver kynx Lucas Nogueira Luke Cwik LuNing Wang Marco Robles masahitojp Minbo Bae Moritz Mack Naireen Hussain Nancy Xu Niel Markwick Ning Kang nishant jain nishantjain91 Oskar Firlej Pablo Estrada pablo rodriguez defino Rebecca Szper Red Daly Reuven Lax Ritesh Ghorse Robert Bradshaw Robert Burke Ryan Thompson Sam Whittle Thiago Nunes Tom Stepp vachan-shetty Valentyn Tymofieiev vikash2310 Vitaly Terentyev Vladislav Chunikhin Yichi Zhang Yi Hu Yiru Tang yixiaoshen zwestrick