blog & release
Apache Beam 2.45.0John Casey
We are happy to present the new 2.45.0 release of Beam. This release includes both improvements and new functionality. See the download page for this release.
For more information on changes in 2.45.0, check out the detailed release notes.
- MongoDB IO connector added (Go) (#24575).
New Features / Improvements
- RunInference Wrapper with Sklearn Model Handler support added in Go SDK (#24497).
- Adding override of allowed TLS algorithms (Java), now maintaining the disabled/legacy algorithms present in 2.43.0 (up to 1.8.0_342, 11.0.16, 17.0.2 for respective Java versions). This is accompanied by an explicit re-enabling of TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 for Java 8 and Java 11.
- Add UDF metrics support for Samza portable mode.
- Portable Java pipelines, Go pipelines, Python streaming pipelines, and portable Python batch
pipelines on Dataflow are required to use Runner V2. The
disable_prime_runner_v2experiments will raise an error during pipeline construction. You can no longer specify the Dataflow worker jar override. Note that non-portable Java jobs and non-portable Python batch jobs are not impacted. (#24515).
- Avoids Cassandra syntax error when user-defined query has no where clause in it (Java) (#24829).
- Fixed JDBC connection failures (Java) during handshake due to deprecated TLSv1(.1) protocol for the JDK. (#24623)
- Fixed Python BigQuery Batch Load write may truncate valid data when deposition sets to WRITE_TRUNCATE and incoming data is large (Python) (#24623).
- Fixed Kafka watermark issue with sparse data on many partitions (#24205)
List of Contributors
According to git shortlog, the following people contributed to the 2.45.0 release. Thank you to all contributors!
Elias Segundo Antonio
Seung Jin An
pablo rodriguez defino