Beam Twitter handle
What is it and what are the goals?
Apache Beam community thrives to be inclusive to everyone. As part of this effort, we want to enable any community member to share anything interesting and fun related to Beam via its official Twitter handle.
The Twitter feed found here is owned by the Apache Beam PMC, and the process of proposing new tweets is documented below.
Process to propose new tweets for the Apache Beam Twitter
- Compose a tweet with the news you want to share. It can be anything that is relevant to Apache Beam. For example, it can be a tweet to welcome new committers, announce new Beam features, share and recognize contributors publicly, promote events and meetups, share trending articles around batch and stream processing big data, etc.
- Go to s.apache.org/beam-tweets and request “Edit” access.
- After you are able to edit the document, fill out the necessary fields:
- Date - the date when you are filling out the document
- Author - your name
- Topic - what is the tweet about
- Content - the actual text of the tweet or link to the tweet that need to be retweeted
- Links/media - anything you want to add to the tweet, eg. photos, videos, references
- Deadline - by when the tweet needs to be out, or preferred date when it needs to be out
- After you type in your tweets, PMC members that are subscribed to the document will get notified and review the content.
- After approval, a PMC member with access to the Twitter handle will publish the tweet.
- Follow Apache Beam handle to see if your content is published!