Attributes of a Beam community member
Knows, upholds, and reinforces the Beam community’s practices
- They have a proven commitment to the project
- They share their intentions with the community
- They accept and integrate community feedback in their plans, designs, code, etc.
- They earnestly try to make Beam better with their contributions
In particular, if a code contributor:
- They earnestly try to make Beam better with their own code
- They earnestly try to make Beam better with code review
- They accept and integrate feedback on their code
- They know, follow, and enforce Beam’s practices while reviewing/merging code - style, documentation, testing, backward compatibility, etc.
Knows, upholds, and reinforces the Apache Software Foundation code of conduct
In particular, we manifestly strive to:
- Be open
- Be empathetic
- Be welcoming
- Be friendly
- Be patient
- Be collaborative
- Be inquisitive
- Be careful in the words that they choose
Knows, upholds, and reinforces the responsibilities of an Apache Software Foundation committer
- They help create a product that will outlive the interest of any particular volunteer (including themselves)
- They grow and maintain the health of the Apache community
- They help out with surrounding work, such as the website & documentation
- They help users
- They can be trusted to decide when code is ready for release, or when to ask someone else to make the judgment
- They can be trusted to decide when to merge code (if a code contributor) or when to ask someone else to make the judgment
Last updated on 2021/02/24
Have you found everything you were looking for?
Was it all useful and clear? Is there anything that you would like to change? Let us know!